5 tricks to keep your little ones cool this summer
There are lots of ways to stay cool in the summer, such as staying indoors all day, but we suggest trying out these fun and unique options instead:
- Stay hydrated – We know we’re supposed to drink water all day long, but that healthy rule becomes even more important during the hot and sunny summer months. For an added punch, put your bottle in the freezer overnight so you’ll have icy cold water to drink the next day as it melts.
- Cooling cucumbers – Cucumber slices aren’t just helpful for tired eyes, they also work wonders on a hot summer day! Cucumber has a refreshing and cooling effect that will help you forget about the heat. Cut up some thin slices and stick them on your forehead. Make it into a game with your family to see whose slices stick to their face the longest!
- Basement camping – Hot air rises, so beat the heat by getting low. Set up an indoor fort or some sleeping bags in the basement to enjoy a staycation at home with your kids. Prepare some cold treats like frozen fruit and share scary stories to make your fort extra fun.
- Ice block excavation – Fill a small tub with a few freezable toys and treats and then fill with water. Stick the tub in the freezer and ask your kids to “mine” the block of ice for their favourite toys. They’ll play for hours while staying cool!
- Fruity cubes – Freeze some of your favourite fruits in an ice cube tray with some water to form your very own fruity cubes. Plop these into your water for a fresh and fruity flavor, and enjoy the fruits after the ice around them has melted. A drink and a snack, all-in-one!
What tricks do you use to stay cool? Share your tips with us below.